Pilates Therapy – Touch, Massage and Trigger Points
Date: 8th November 2018
- 12th September 2019
Course: Pilates Therapy – Touch, Massage and Trigger Points
Venue: The Garuda Studio, United Kingdom
For further details email: email@example.com
Status: This workshop has finished see more workshops.
To book on a course, apply online here.
What do we teach?
- This course will insure Pilates teachers to be able to get ‘hands on’ with their clients. It will not qualify you as a massage therapist.
- We will teach you the importance of how to use touch, appropriate handling techniques and how to use your hands when working with your clients in a professional and effective way.
- We will introduce you to basic massage techniques and will explore trigger points and what science currently has to say about them.
- We discuss why getting hands on makes a difference when working with our clients during their Pilates sessions, as well as rules of how to get hands on and when not to handle our clients.
- Going limbic: what is it and how to recognise a limbic response.
- We cover red flags and when to refer on.
- We will integrate massage into Pilates exercises so you can use your skills straight away with your clients during your Pilates sessions
- Hold a comprehensive Pilates qualification in matwork and/or studio/equipment
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Anatomy and biomechanics review paper