Pilates Therapy – MET’s (Muscle Energy Techniques)
Date: 11th January 2018
- 15th March 2018
2nd Weekend Date: 1st January 1970
Course: Pilates Therapy – MET’s (Muscle Energy Techniques)
Venue: The Garuda Studio, United Kingdom
For further details email: email@example.com
Status: This workshop has finished see more workshops.
To book on a course, apply online here.
What do we teach?
- We start with the theory of Muscle Energy Techniques (MET’s): What are they? How do they work? The basic science of MET’s.
- We discuss the concepts of postural and phasic muscles, global and local muscles, mobiliser and stabilisers and what they have to do with Pilates and MET’s.
- We then get stuck in learning the techniques of post isometric relaxation and reciprocal inhibition.
- When to refer on; what can go wrong and what to do about it when it does.
- What to do with what we find (soft tissue techniques, Pilates exercises and any thing else that might be useful)
- Hold a comprehensive Pilates qualification in matwork and/or studio/equipment
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Anatomy and biomechanics review paper
- Completion of Touch, massage basics and trigger points course