Pilates Therapy – Nerves and Neurodynamics with James D'Silva
Date: 9 Feb 2018 - 23 Feb 2018
Course: Pilates Therapy – Nerves and Neurodynamics
Venue: The Garuda Studio
For further details email: email@example.com
Status: Spaces available
What do we teach?
- We start with an anatomy review of the Nervous System. It’s a big subject and we’ll do our best to keep it as simple as possible.
- We discuss the limbic system, dermatomes and myotomes and reflexes.
- We get practical learning some major nerves and locating them on each other: sciatic, peroneal, tibial, femoral, medial, radial and ulnar.
- We then get stuck in learning the basics of muscle testing and the theory of neurodynamics.
- What to do with what we find (soft tissue techniques, Pilates exercises and any thing else that might be useful)
- Hold a comprehensive Pilates qualification in matwork and/or studio/equipment
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Anatomy and biomechanics review paper
- Make sure you wear clothing that makes it easy to expose your lower legs and arms (we will be tracing nerves on the surface of our limbs)