Pilates Therapy – Pelvis, Hip and Spine
Date: 18th April 2018
- 18th April 2019
2nd Weekend Date: 1st January 1970
Course: Pilates Therapy – Pelvis, Hip and Spine
Venue: The Garuda Studio, United Kingdom
For further details email: email@example.com
Status: This workshop has finished see more workshops.
To book on a course, apply online here.
What do we teach?
- Our goal is for you to understand the biomechanical principles related to the movements of the Pelvis, Hip and Spine. This is a big topic and we will do our best to simplify it so you come away understanding different models of stability, nutation/counternutation, we look at ‘inner and outer core’ and discuss what is meant by ‘tensegrity’.
- Once we know have an understanding of the theory behind hip, pelvis and spinal mechanics we can look at what’s supposed to happen during optimal movement and is that what you see or feel?
- Objective screens: we teach screens to help clarify what we see, to help identify what may be going wrong and to know when clients need to be referred on. Screens taught are evidence based and referenced.
- How to recognise some common conditions
- What to do with what we find (soft tissue techniques, Pilates exercises and any thing else that might be useful)
- Hold a comprehensive Pilates qualification in matwork and/or studio/equipment
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Anatomy and biomechanics review paper
- Completion of Touch, massage basics and trigger points course
- Completion of MET course