Pilates Therapy – Twenty Touches
Date: 6th June 2020
- 6th June 2020
Venue: The Garuda Studio, United Kingdom
For further details email: email@example.com
Status: Spaces available
To book on a course, apply online here.
What do we teach?
- The 20 Touches are a series of ‘hands on’ cues to facilitate a greater kinaesthetic understanding of ‘how’ a movement should ‘feel’.
- Often what feels normal to our clients may not be optimal. Relying on our verbal cues and visual demonstrations often is not enough to convey to our clients how to move more effectively.
- We start with the rules of ‘engagement’, why getting hands on makes a difference when working with our clients during their Pilates sessions, as well as rules of how to get hands on and when not to handle our clients.
- We discuss the differences between a ‘bony touch’ and a ‘soft tissue touch’.
- We then get stuck in learning the ‘twenty touches’ which relate directly to Pilates exercises and facilitate an opportunity to deepen our clients experience and understanding of their Pilates practice and Pilates exercises.
- Hold a comprehensive Pilates qualification in matwork and/or studio/equipment
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Anatomy and biomechanics review paper
- Completion of Touch course (unless qualified as a massage therapist)